At Greth Homes, we believe what you should expect from a custom home builder in Lehigh County, PA, is quality, integrity, and excellent customer service. We’re confident that we can build the home of your dreams on time and on budget.
For over 40 years, we’ve been working hard to make custom home building more affordable and more flexible for our customers, offering an almost limitless number of customizable choices. We will put your ideas into production to create a home for you that is truly custom-made for your lifestyle.
Once you’ve selected your homesite and floor plan, you’ll have to think about the most fun part of it all – personalizing the interior of your new home. Is there a style you like? Here are a few of the most popular styles to get your creative juices flowing!
- Traditional Style Décor – These are among the most popular styles in homes. Depending on your taste, you could go with wall and carpet colors in white, cream, green, and neutral tones. A few antiques with rich , intricate woodwork can warm up the otherwise tailored look of a traditional décor.
- Contemporary Style Décor – Some people think of “contemporary” as cold and stark. On the contrary! Today’s contemporary interiors incorporate simplicity, subtle sophistication, texture and clean lines. Focus on neutrals, black, and white, and then accent them with bright, bold color. Consider natural fibers with some texture for your upholstery. Stainless steel appliances and sleek wood floors or simple tile will highlight your comfortable retreat.
- Cottage Style Décor – Cottage style colors typically come from nature – blues, green, yellows. Without looking overly rustic, it’s okay for surfaces to be weathered and show signs of aging. Painted or decorated furniture is popular, as are beadboard walls and natural-fiber rugs on hardwood floors. Bronze lighting and other fixtures and white painted cabinets are ideal accents.
- Mountain Lodge Décor – Have you always wanted to live in a mountain lodge? Bring the outdoors in with textures and colors inspired by nature. Use deep, rich colors like forest green, brown, tan, reds, and blues for paint and fabrics. Overstuffed leather furniture is also typical. And, if you’re going for a rustic look, consider dark granite countertops and richly stained and distressed wood floors.
- Tuscan Décor – These interiors feature a rustic, sun-baked look characterized by stone patios, simple and sturdy furnishings with elegant iron accents, and tile or wood floors and tile countertops. Colors lean to earthy or sunny colors, and rough plastered walls with rustic beam ceilings. Let in as much natural light as possible. And consider accenting your home with wrought iron light fixtures or staircase spindles.
- French County Décor – Colors in this decorating style include yellow, gold red, burnt rust, grass and hunter greens, cobalt blue and soft blues. Consider natural stone floors and cover them with wool or cotton throw rugs. Or consider a rustic hardwood floor with warm but light wall colors and darker cabinets. Make liberal use of beautiful fabrics and natural materials, like woven chair seats.
Many Greth Homes customers are surprised by the amount of standard products and materials we include in your home design. Just remember: never feel obligated to follow someone else’s rules. Your new home’s décor should be all about you.
For a quality custom home builder in Allentown or elsewhere in Lehigh County, consider Greth Homes. We’re confident you’ll love our comfortable and stylish home designs. Call us at (610) 926-5334 to find out how we can help.